For some Movember is just an excuse to grow out a moustache for a month, but when you really dig in deeper Movember is so much more.
Movember is an organization that want to help Men live longer. This organization is centered around helping with 3 different issues that are killing men at young ages; Mental Health and Suicide Prevention, Prostate Cancer, and Testicular Cancer. You can read an older blog I wrote about why I participate in Movember here
Funds donated to this charity go to multiple different programs and outlets helping in each of these fields. If you wish to learn more follow this link: https://ca.movember.com/about/foundation
So how is RK Athletics supporting Movember, besides rocking a great moustache?
For the entire month of November, I’ll be running “Move for Movember”. Simply put, for every donation received to RK Athletics, I will perform a corresponding workout associated with the amount donated, chosen by the individual.
This is a chance for clients, friends, family, or observers to donate to a great cause, while also getting a slight measure of revenge on your trainer. Ever wonder what it was like to be on the other side of the coin when it comes to personal training? Well now’s your chance!
Please visit https://movember.com/m/rshill to donate.
Move for Movember Workouts:
$25 – One Of:
- 10 mins of stairs
- 3x Sled Push w/90lbs
- 25 KB Swings + 25 Box Jumps
$50 – One Of:
- Airbike Tabata (8 round: 20sec on, 10sec off)
- 50 Squats + 40 Lunges + 30 Push-ups + 20 Pullups + 10 Burpees
- “Jump Around” Workout: 20mins – 50 skips + 1 Burpee + 50 Skips + 2 Burpee *Add 1 Burpee per round*
$100 – One Of:
- Barbell 5×5 – Deadlifts, Bent Over Row, Cleans, Front Squats, Shoulder Press
- 300 – 25 pullups, 50 deadlifts, 50 pushups, 50 box jumps, 50 floor wipers, 50 1-arm KB clean + Press, 25 Pull-ups
- Calisthenics – 5x: 10 pullups, 20 push-ups, 15 hanging leg raise, 10 inverted rows, 10 dips, 20 squat jumps
$150 – Train the Trainer – 45 minutes, you make the workout.
*In-person or simply make a workout and I will film it for you
Live Life to the Fullest with RK Athletics